Hi,

Just obtained an old Single Kruspe horn.  Where would one find any serial
numbers?  There is a 16 on the bottom of the middle valve cap.  Is that it?

The horn is brass, has string rotors and says: EDKRUSPE, ERFURT and Made in
Germany.  It was the previous owners fathers horn and he is 85 now and they
guess the horn is about 65 years old.  That puts it about 1942 from those
estimates.

It's not in perfect condition and, unfortunately, has hints of red rot. Couple
dings.  The keys were clacky, but quieted down with thick key oil.  Before
oiling the rotors I pulled the 3 slides and they did pop when pulled out.

It has a wonderful tone.  Guess despite it's appearance and old age problems it
isn't dead yet!

Oh, I do have another question.  How did they consider these single horns back
then?  Was it made as a student horn as they tell people single horns are now a
days (at least here in the states... ).  Or, is it considered a normal horn
despite the fact it is a single horn in F?

Dawn Marie