Hi all,

Wow, lot's of helpful replies and information.  I was just guessing on the year
it was made going on the history of the person's general age figuring roughly
with the person being 20.  Actually, it would be more sense on thinking he
might have gotten it younger maybe being 15. That would push the date back to
1937.

There are no numbers on the bell itself.  I haven't looked up the site that was
given yet.  But, I do remember seeing another Kruspe on eBay with all the fancy
lettering with other German words and numbers and such.  This one does not have
any other German wording on it except the ED Kruspe and Erfurt.  Made in
Germany is written in English format.

Odd to me, at least, the numbers on the valves are backwards to the fingerings.
 On the rotor case and on the underside of the paddles what would be the 1st
finger (the finger closest to the mouthpiece) the number is 3.  The middle
paddle and casing still says 2.  The casing under the last finger says 1.   Why
is this reversed from other horns?

It looks like there might be a number 3 on the metal block holding the keys on
but it isn't really clear.  There is still some blackish crud covering things
there.
The only other number is that 16 on the middle rotor cap.  I have looked under
a lighted magnifying glass also wearing magnifying glasses to see if there are
any numbers I haven't other wise seen.

For Krause, I'm not computer technical enough to know exactly how to make sure
they are the size needed to send you properly enough what you need.  For
background are you talking about white or cream color or such?  Should I send
you one picture to see if it turns out right? If it isn't maybe you could
suggest for me how to fix it?

This is a single horn in F and I did check it to the tuner.  It is a brass
horn- no quesions about that either.  What really struck me as odd was around
the outside of the bell there is a worn spot encircling the bell- where the
lacquer is pretty void as if something else had been there at one time.  It
really looks like there might have been a tone ring on the bell.  I know that
isn't the right word for it but my brain isn't doing much good at this hour of
the morning.  Were those rings welded on though?  There is no evidence of
welding.  It's just fairly even miscoloring all the way around the bell as if
there had been something there at one time.

Thank you,

Dawn Marie