"Anything you can do I can do better." Unless I pout, my mouth, when relaxed,
is a thin line, so welcome to the thin crowd. Wendell, as usual gave a good
answer. He admits to having had issues with his thick lips, so everyone's got
problems.

The conventional answer of thin lips = small diameter, wide rim just doesn't
take into account the more important parameters: mouth and muscle structure. I
am having more success with a larger diameter mouthpiece with a narrow rim. For
example, I find I can move around successfully with a Hans Pizka cookie cutter.
One reason is that if I set on the edge of the red of the lower lip with a wide
rim mouthpiece, the pressure is on the sharp edge of the lower teeth. Not much
support there! I have also had some success with a Bach 3, though I set below
the line on the lower lip. I also find that I cannot move air through a small
diameter mouthpiece. Maybe some of the young pros can, but I'm neither.

Good luck,
Herb Foster