But how about the many high class professional (full time) players who never
altered their horns, but had a descant at hand for special tasks, a nice full
double for day-to-day work - but also used the same mouthpiece for all tasks
for 30 - 40 years   ?????????????

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:07:37 +0000
> Von: "Peter C. Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> An: horn@music.memphis.edu
> Betreff: [Hornlist] Re: Horn Digest, Vol 59, Issue 30, 8D leadpipe

> When I still had my H series Conn, I changed to a Lawson first then later
> to an Atkinson A5. The A5 was perfect for that horn and me. I am so sorry I
> ever sold that horn, but you live a learn. I've never found another one
> that played so well in the lower register as well as so clear in the upper. I
> could out blow the tubas one minute and play Haydn's Hornsignal the next!
> The A5 really centers the 8D's, which can play like a wild mustang if you
> don't learn to tame them. My Hoyer 7802 is the closest I've come to the
> sound, but it too needs to be tamed and a new leadpipe and possibly a new bell
> might do the trick. I would also suggest getting the valves checked,
> cleaned, etc. I've also used a McCracken on a 900,000 series Conn with good
> results.
>
> Good luck!
>
> --
> Peter C. Miller, M.M., M.M.Ed.
> Private Consultant
> (334) 524-0161

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > This message has been processed by Symantec's AntiVirus Technology.
> >
> > Unknown00000000.data was not scanned for viruses because too many nested
> levels
> > of files were found.
> >

> > For more information on antivirus tips and technology, visit
> http://ses.symantec.com/

SigfridFafner the under ground horn player from Vienna