Thanks for the clear explanation of Blindrohr. As usual, I was making things more complicated than they are!

Klaus Smedegaard Bjerre wrote:

If you could send me a digital copy or a scan of the said photo, I would like
to have a look at
it.

This was in a book I was cataloging at work. (After 26 years of doing everything else, I'm now actually involved professionally with material in my field!) I admit I did not read the German text closely. Anyway, as a result, I can't send you a scan because we have no scanner! The book is a publication of Verena Jakobsen Barth's dissertation, entitled Die Trompete als Soloinstrument in der Kunstmusik Europas seit 1900. Goteborg: Goteborgs Universitet, c2007. ISBN 9789185974030.

If you search this at http://catalog.loc.gov, you'll see that it's still in process, but the record is complete except for the call no. for the book and accompanying sound recording. (And if you see a typo, it's my fault--and please let me know!)

        Thanks again.

                                Howard Sanner
                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]