Tom,

Buy it. Not a rarity and not the most interesting example of Julius
Watkin's ability in the stratospheric range as a jazz player, but
unquestionably a must have. Don't pay more than around $20, though. There
are plenty of copies around and I purchased one not too long ago for around
$15.

Nice cover art, too.

Regards,

Peter Hirsch

<message: 12
<date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 23:19:32 -0600
<from: "Hunt,Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<subject: [Hornlist] anyone ever heard this?
<
<surfing, I found this LP. Any one ever heard it?
<
<Julius Watkins - French Horns For My Lady
<Label:            Philips
<Catalog#:         PHS 600-001
<Format:           Vinyl, LP
<Country:          US
<Released:         1962
<Genre:            Jazz
<Style:            Smooth Jazz, Easy Listening
<Credits:          Arranged By, Conductor - Billy Byers
<Bass - George Duvivier
<French Horn - Bob Northern , Gunther Schuller , Jimmy Buffington , John
Barrows , Julius Watkins
<Percussion [Congas] - Ray Barretto
<Piano, Vibraphone - Eddie Costa
<Producer - Quincy Jones
<Trumpet - Roger Mozian
<Tuba - Jay McAllister
<Notes:            Recorded in New York City in 1962. Printed inner sleeve.

tom in iowa