Yes, we've all seen them on ebay at fantastically low prices, but last
Saturday I actually got to play one.  Horrible brand name, at least to
Americans.

  This was a four vavle single Bb, nickle silver, with screw bell.  It was very
solidly constructed and used thick metal on the bell.  It had a nice plastic
case for the money.  The seller wanted $180.

  At first the horn played badly.  Very out of tune.  So, I removed the main
tuning slide, reversed it, replaced it, and tried again.  This improved the
intonation dramatically.  However, I now found the fourth line D and fourth
space Eb were impossible to play.

  I took out the mouthpiece I was using, the one that came with the horn, and
put in a Schilke 27.  Bingo!!!  The horn played great, nice sound, very well in
tune, and the D and Eb were as solid as you could want.  The valves seemed
tight, at least according to the "pop" test.  They didn't wiggle, either.

  The tone was a bit darker than my Alex triple, but not muffled or stuffy.
The horn did have a bit more resistance than my Alex, but further mouthpiece
experimentation might fix that.  A very nice horn from the bottom to high C.  I
didn't buy it, but it would have fit my current needs very well.

  So, there may be some hope for Chinese horns after all.

  Wilbert in SC