Thanks, Tim.

  Exactly what I needed.

  Wilbert

Tim Costen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Wilbert Kimple wrote:

> I'm trying to find out some info about Sir William Walton's "Crown Imperial."
> Did the band version come first, or did the orchestra version come first?
> Perhaps they were performed at the same time in 1937.

The orchestral version is the original. As www.williamwalton.net says:

Crown Imperial. First Public Performance:
12 May 1937. Westminster Abbey, London. The Coronation Orchestra, Sir
Adrian Boult conductor. Played during the entry of Queen Mary, before
the beginning of the Coronation Service of King George VI and Queen
Elizabeth.

Arranged for military band, by W. J. Duthoit.
Publication: Boosey and Hawkes. Condensed score, 1937.

Tim Costen