Why not mixing all four Brahms Symphonies note by note &
perform them ? And perhaps the no.5 symphony ? Someone
understands, what I am speaking off ? The no.5 Brahms ???
Could be one, sounds like one ?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Steve Haflich
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 9:23 AM
To: The Horn List; Richard V. West
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Re: [horn] Huebler Konzerstueck
performance in Seattle- March 9

   From: "Richard V. West" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   The way it works, actually, is that each of us (in
alphabetical order of
   course) plays every fourth note. In each part. It's quite
a virtuoso
   performance. We'd hoped to hand off the horns as well,
but that made our
   conductor just a wee bit nervous.

This is indeed an efficient organization for he section,
since only one of you needs remember to bring a mute to the
performance.

If ever your orchestra performs a cycle of the four Brahms
symphonies, would you also perform them in alphabetical
order?

de