Yeah, I knew this would be confusing to write about.  Bar is the bar  line.
To clarify, I was speaking of the final note of the phrase, but the  final
note of a phrase is not always strong, because sometimes, the music  following
takes up where that leaves off.  Another general rule, and  usually a safe bet,
is to only "finalize" the last note of a phrase if it is  then end of a
section of a movement (such as the resolution of a trill at the  end of the
exposition of a Mozart concerto) or the final chord or note of a  piece or
movement.

Check out Doc Thurmond's book.  Or come to KBHC.

KB
In a message dated 4/21/2008 1:01:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,