Jen wrote:

I was  especially impressed by the white gloves they include with every horn.
 I  guess that is in case you decide you need to commit a crime with the
horn, the  CSI's will never be able to prove it was yours due to the lack of
fingerprints?

In this case, CSI means "CLAM SCENE INVESTIGATION."

I actually am doing an autopsy on one of these, bought by a local dad for
his 9th grade daughter, at the shop right now.  Valves have both end and  side
play and clatter like they were played for 30 years, 8 hours a day and  never
oiled.  Slides don't fit.  Bright nickel plated finish tarnishes  with the
slightest touch: hence the white gloves, I guess.  The bell is  about .035"
thick,
hard as nails, and out of round.  Sound is very  dead.  A plus here is that
it's really hard to put a dent in it, even with  a ball peen hammer.

Came in a really nice form case, though.

The Eastman horn I fixed up two years ago was much better.  No Conn or
Holton or Yamaha by a long shot, but at least a decent student horn with  some
finishing.  The Selman is totally useless, IMHO, except for target  practice or
fancy shower head or other bathroom fixture.

KB

listings at AOL Autos.