Leonard & Peggy Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>If you could only have 5 recordings of the Mozart concertos (all 4)
>which artist would you choose?  So far I have 3 on my list:
>Dennis Brain
>Aubrey Brain
>Lowell Greer...
==========================

Leonard,
I am aware of only two Mozart concerti recorded by Aubrey Brain.

No.2. K417, recorded in 1924 with The Royal Symphony Orchestra/Joseph
Batten. CD reissue is on Sotone Historic Recordings CD 104.
and
Concerto No.3, K. 447, recorded in 1940 with the BBC Symphony Orchestra/Sir
Adrian Boult. There are various CD reissues including EMI CDH 7 64198 2
and Pearl GEM 0183.

If you have Aubrey Brain recordings of K. 412 and K. 495 I would be
interested in learning about them.

Cheers,
Steve

Steven Ovitsky