CRATERS?? Carlberg, that cracks me up. Reminds me of my original Bach 18 tuba mouthpiece. It had so many craters, scratches, dings, grooves, bumps, lumps, divots, gouges, dents, pits, splits, and cracks that it's a wonder I didn't cut my lips off every time I played it. It just fell out of the instrument almost every day. If you keep dropping it on the tarmac, it's going to get damaged. Of course, it played pretty well, too. Funny about that, isn't it?

Dave Weiner
Brass Arts Unlimited

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlberg Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: The Horn List <horn@music.memphis.edu>
Sent: Mon, 12 May 2008 5:35 pm
Subject: [Hornlist] Re: Mouthpiece Scratch

At 5:07 PM -0400 5/12/08, Tim Kecherson wrote:
I am sorry to bump this thread, but I am really >curious about whether
I should get a new >mouthpiece or not.

I doubt it very much, although you don't say how deep the scratch is.

My mouthpiece has tons of scratches on it, also one or two craters around the rim, not to mention that all the plating is gone except in a couple of grooves. It works just fine.

-- Carlberg Jones
Skype - carlbergbmug
Cornista - Orquesta Sinfónica de Aguascalientes
Aguascalientes, Ags.
MEXICO