From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 9:58 PM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: [Hornlist] horn position

I'm a small, thin gal. Resting the horn on my thigh promotes
perfect posture & good breathing for me, so that's how I
usually play. I can play off leg, but only for short periods
before my shoulders get painfully crampy.  I've decided that
if I ever have opportunity to perform a long solo & want to
really stand out, I'll probably start looking for a sturdy
stool w/ an ergonomically placed foot rest.  Why not?  The
string bass players do it.

Valerie in Tacoma