About twenty years ago, Ellis Wean, now tuba player with the Vancouver Symphony, developed a line of transparent mouthpieces called "Tru-Vu". They are primarily used for diagnostic purposes for people who want to look at what is going on with their embouchure. They sound OK, but I think Ellis's idea was more to help teachers and students resolve embouchure problems. Seems like a good idea, although I never tried one myself...unfortunately, I didn't find a web site, although there must be one out there somewhere.

http://www.chisham.com/tips/bbs/nov2001/messages/76627.html
http://www.vancouversymphony.ca/or_member_bio.php?musiciancode=86

Cheers,

Dan Costello