From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Michiel van der Linden
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2008 9:19 AM
To: The Horn List
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Re:What Is This?

Some geographical and semantic nit-picking:
The Eb variety of saxhorn is called a tenor horn in the UK
only.
Most of mainland Europe, exept for some hard-core
brass-banders, will call a Bb tuba (i.e. euphonium,
baritone) a tenor horn. The Eb variety is called alto just
like in the US. (At least, in the Germanic languages. ;) )

Michiel van der Linden
Bruges, Belgium

2008/6/7 Jerry Houston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>> It is a tenor horn, somewhat like a Baritone Horn but
with upright bell.
>> Common in Europe.
>>

> A tenor horn, common in Europe, is an alto horn in the US.
I use a
> Denis Wick tenor horn mouthpiece in my upright Eb alto.
>
> The pictured horn looked more like a cheap 3-valve
euphonium to me.
> One that badly needs its bell ironed out.

http://music2.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/corbasse%40gm
ail.com