message: 3
date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 15:14:15 EDT
from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
subject: [Hornlist] RE: Acoustics

Jeremy C gave us advice about how to improve the acoustics
of your practice room.

1 - do not use egg-cartons.=A0 They won't work.=A0 They don't work.=A0
2 - don't just buy any old sound foam.=A0 Not all sound foams are made
equally.=A0 If you think it's dramatically cheaper than any of the brands
I listed above, be suspect.
3 - NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER,
EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER use egg-crate, bedding, or sofa foam.=A0 All of
these foams are actually quite flammable (some worse than others) and
they don't do a great job anyway at acoustical treatment.=A0 One errant
spark though, and your whole house will go up in smoke.

I had trouble with egg cartons too, Jeremy, until I discovered that they=20
are much easier to nail to the wall once you remove the eggs.

Gotta go,
Cabbage

Thank you, Cabbage. I was wondering if they should be removed first;)
Dawn Marie