Jermey said the comment about Felix horns being lightweight was off, way off?
Hmm....
Well, I will still say they are lightweight and they blow that
way(quick response at ppp, lots of feel in the hands) . The gauge of metal in
the slides, bell (Meinl?) is a bit thinner than a Rauch, Conn. It would rattle
(ie. bass trombone) very easily in the low range, and volume range was in the
brassy zone much faster than say, a Rauch. That being said,this is a perfect
example of a Geyer style horn for that style of playing. The mouthpipe taper
felt the best out of many horns I had played recently. I really like reciever,
it is very well designed. Some of the best touches were the braces of the horn,
very unique and stylish. High range was flawless up to and past high d (and
loud) and the horn was in tune with itself over the full range of the horn.
I also know that the balance of comparing horns can lead to someone thinking
that a horn feels "lighter", when it is only the balance of the parts.
all the best,
Matthew