If Blue Juice is a petroleum product, where does the blue color come from??
I grew up around Titusville & Oil City where Pennzoil, Wolf's Head, Amily, and
some other oils were abundant and originally manufactured before being bought
out by other states (and countries at this point). I'm over 1/2 century old and
have NEVER seen oil products that are naturally blue.  Do they use food
coloring? If so, is it a natural dirivative or synthetic coloring??
As to the trumpet player, I did say I used Blue Juice on the trumpets when I
played them and they were okay.  I just prefer not to use it at all now that
I've seen what can happen to it when it is old and still in the bottle.
Again, it was the Blue Juice itself that was left in the trunk lost not the
horn itself.
This persons' horn is always in transit back and forth to work because they are
forced to go to practices and concerts right from their job.  So, this horn
spends a lot of time in the trunk of their car out of necessity. NOT
forgetfulness!
There are outside concerts where a lot of us brass players will leave the cases
for the instruments in their cars and walk to the park with just the
instrument. I'm assuming that during one of these occasions the Blue Juice
unknowingly fell out of the case and rolled underneath stuff in the car trunk.
DMM