Hi Valerie,

I'd say you're in the running for "post of the year" honours.

Sincerely,
martin bender

On 10-Sep-08, at 7:54 PM, Valerie WELLS wrote:

Speaker:  Hi.  My name is Ethyl.
Support group:  Hello, Ethyl.
Ethyl: I'm an unconventional greaser. I use bacon grease on my slides. Group, nodding w/ acceptance: It's okay Ethyl. You're not alone, Ethyl. Tell us your story, Ethyl. Let it out, Ethyl.
Ethel: It started when I was very young, may be only 5 or 6 . . .
I know horn players who use unconventional lubricants on their slides:
Bardahl, STP, gun grease, all purpose grease from the hardware store.
All of them have horns that perform very well.

I've used castor oil for decades.

Kjellrun