From: Valerie WELLS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: horn list <horn@music.memphis.edu>
Sent: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 2:55 pm
Subject: [Hornlist] NY Phil opening night 9/17/08

I attended NY Phil's opening night last week, Wednesday 17th.  They were, of
course, everything I hoped & dreamed of -- fabulous!  They did Tchai #4 &
Berlioz's Roman Carnival & Sir James Gallway played the Ibert flute concerto.
It was all magnificent!  Also, at the beginning, they all stood to play the
national anthem which was especially touching being so soon after the 9/11
memorial service.

Here's my question for anyone who might know.  The man in the principal chair
didn't look like the pictures I've seen of Philip Meyers.  If the principle was
Philip Meyers, he's lost over 150 pounds & appears to have grown his hair out a
bit.  Does anyone know if it was Philip Meyers?  If not, who was it?  Whoever
he
was, he played beautifully.  The whole section rocked.

I wanted to go back stage to hopefully meet a horn player or two, but I lost my
jacket which took a while to relocate & assisted an elderly couple for a few
minutes who took a tumble on the stairs.  (Ouch!)

http://music2.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/bakercor%40aol.com