> Did I hear someone say that there is
> a good Welsh server at
>
> LLANFAIRPWLLGWYNGYLLGOGERYCHWYRNDROBWLCHLLANTISILIOGGOGOGOCH.

You spelled it wrong, at least as far as I can figure.  The correct spelling
is below:

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

> Well perhaps not.

John, my wife's mother's family is from Llanfair PG (as it is known to the
locals).  When we visited the house her grandmother lived in before coming
to the US in 1984, it still hadn't running water or electricity.  Upon our
most recent visit in 2005, someone had bought the place and was doing a
wonderful job of fixing it (including electricity and indoor plumbing).
They asked about a few pictures they had found there, and some turned out to
be pictures of my wife's family.

The "w'" is pronounced as a English/American "u", and the double L is like a
guttural sound vaguely familiar to me from Hebrew, sort of a cross between a
guttural chi and an L.  I believe the chi is also a guttural sound.

For those following along, apparently the town name was quite long but not
as long as its present form, and someone had the idea to lengthen it in
order to make it the longest town name in the world, which it still is to
the best of my knowledge.  A popular tourist thing to do is have one's
picture taken under the town name sign at the local train station.

-S-
6:01 PM