>From Ken Pope's reply, how does the valve casing get torqued on a Geyer wrap
>horn? I have some times thought I'd want to try a Geyer wrap horn because of
>the advantages of slurring between the F side and Bb side that people talk
>about. But, is this kind of problem something that will be a decision factor?
>Or, is it something that just happens because the 1st valve is more open to
>damage without the thumb rotor being before it to take a fall first, etc.? Or,
>does the difference in the way a player would hold the horn cause excess
>strain on the 1st valve? I've been told the thumb lever on a Geyer wrap horn
>works more like pressing a piston, a back and forth motion, than the grasping
>and releasing of the lever on the Kruspe model. Pushing with the thumb rather
>than a natural grasp type motion sounds like it would eventually be hard on
>the thumb joints. Also, pushing a thumb lever would probably force the
>position of the 1st finger to be different on
 a Geyer model?
I've heard the major differences between Kruspe and Geyer models as far
as reasons for playing one over the other goes.  What about the mechanical
differences in the long run between the Kruspe & Geyer models? Is there more
problems with one model verses the other?

4.  Damage to the valve casing.  If the valve casing has been torqued =
through some sort of damage (very typical in Geyer wrap horns on the 1st =
valve) then the casing can come into contact with the rotor.