Quoting David A. Jewell:

I had the opportunity to talk to her for a bit and found her to be warm., generous, and extremely gracious as well as down to earth.

One of my teachers, the one who taught me how to practice, did her undergrad at Northwestern with Gail Williams and has nothing but the most glowing things to say about her.

I want to mention that the concert was guest conducted by James Ross, himself a former hornist of quite some distinction, having been, among other things the first American to be a member of the Leipzig Gewandhaus Orchestra.

He is now the conductor of the University of Maryland orchestra, which I have heard him conduct several times. He plays on Jessye Norman's recording of the Strauss Vier letzte Lieder, which has a luscious horn solo at the end of September (and even more luscious violin solos throughout Beim Schlafengehen).

I've resisted the temptation long enough: After the concert did you go to Vestal and search for virgins? <ducking and running> (I have happy memories of spending the summer of my seventh year in Endicott. Dad worked for IBM.)

Howard Sanner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]