List members are sure to be anxious to miss the
premier of the latest composition of Prof. Cabbage:
Amherst Requiem, an hour-long ditty for soprano
solo, chorus, children's chorus, and large orchestra.
(The piece contains the usual Latin mass for the
dead, plus nine poems of Emily Dickinson, who lived
in Amherst, Mass.)   It will be performed at Stanford
University on Friday Nov 21 and Sunday Nov 23.
Those of you who are unable to miss the piece are invited
to contact me off-list so I can offer condolences as well
as information about how to obtain tickets.   Or visit
http://www.peninsulasymphony.org/

Gotta go,
Cabbage