To: "'The Horn List'" <horn@music.memphis.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 3:08 PM
Subject: [Hornlist] Very interesting Youtube - how to convince

Friends, I recommend a visit on Youtube & search for
"donatoinglese". This is a real name: Donato Inglese. He
fits into some peoples "how to convince". This guy is
ruining the fame of the horn with his many video clips. One
is taken (even prohibited) during his participation (first
round only) at the September 2008 International Competition
in Sannicandro in Italy. You can see the jury, when he plays
Castel del Monte by Nino Rota. I was near jumping up &
taking his horn away when he literaly blew this lovely
introduction to pieces in his attempt "to convince the
people by his power". What he did with Hermann Baumann was
disgusting & infame. Have a look, please.

Special interesting might be his Mozart K.495 interpretation
& his Strauss No.1. Here the cameraman/woman, the pianist &
the hornplayer created a convincing unity of incapability.
The pianist hit a right note rarely. Listening to it is not
a fun. But he is the GREATEST.