In my tremendous ignorance of too many things about the horn world, I request
assistance on the following matters:\

(1) Due to a modest inheritance from a comfortable, rather than rich, uncle,
I have the funds to buy a leadpipe. I play a 1968 Conn 8D. Once in the past,
about 8 years ago, for about a week I played another Conn 8D with a Lawson
leadpipe and found that my accuracy was much better than with my horn (but my
horn
was also then in need of valve reboring, as they were as much as 10/1000 out
of tolerance, and the reboring helped my accuracy quite a bit.) (I played the
other horn quite by accident -- I grabbed his horn case by mistake after a
rehearsal, and noticed that it greatly improved my accuracy).

I posted this general question about a year ago, but the people who were kind
enough to answer were obviously extremely knowledgeable music theoreticians
-- and what they said went WAY over my head.

So my simple -- or perhaps simple-minded -- question is, is such a leadpipe
likely to improve the accuracy of my playing, assuming all other factors remain
roughly the same? I don't want to spend $600 or more, then find out that I
went in a wrong direction.

And, again in layman's terms please, are other aspects of horn playing or
sound that are improved by a lead pipe?

And last, are there any besides Lawson that are worth looking at, in terms of
improving accuracy?

(2)  Are there any good sheet music web sites for french horn that anyone can
recommend? I have come across some web sites for sheet music that claim to
offer hundreds of horn pieces, but it takes forever to wade through, and a lot
are just the horn parts for ensemble pieces.

(3) Is anyone familiar with any good church music for horn and piano, or
unaccompanied, ideally a book or it -- meaning traditional church music, rather
than the "praise" type music?

(4) Is anyone familiar with any good Christmas music for horn and piano, or
unaccompanied horn?

(5)  Has anyone run into a brass quintet transcription of the Carmen Dragon
arrangement of America the Beautiful? I've always loved the horn obligato
towards the end of the orchestral and band arrangements.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Ross Taylor
Tacoma, Washington