I have one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190274011228

I remember costing about half what they're selling it for - ouch! - but it
works well enough.  Several people have, in the past, referred to these as
kicking tees, but mine sits at the side of the room and, so far, no one has
attempted to punt my horn.

I'm considering the purchase of one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350140758711

I'd appreciate any comments on the fold-up kind, which is the second listed
above - I've got a second horn I want to keep out, and this is much less
expensive and therefore my first choice if it works as well.

Also, if anyone who has one thinks it might work for a small guitar or
mandolin - I also need a stand for my mandolin.

Thanks in advance.

Steve "so many instruments, so little time" Freides