Hi -S-,

Gig bags are actually "dent" bags.  It's not a
matter of if .... it's when and how bad.  Some
on the list will tell you they have carried their
horn around for 20 years with no damage.  What
they should add is "so far".  A $150 ProTec hard
case is good insurance.  Horns get enough "mystery"
dents as is without tempting fate with a dent bag.  I
was in a car accident with a friend on the way to a
rehearsal a few years ago.  Her horn was in a dent bag
and my horn was in a properly fitted hard case.  My
horn was undamaged ..... her horn, a wonderful old
Holton H104 Tuckwell model, is now an accordion.

Just my $.02 worth.

Regards,     Jerry in Kansas  City
**************Know Your Numbers: Get tips and tools to help you improve your
credit score.