From: "horncabb...@aol.com" <horncabb...@aol.com>
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Sent: Monday, February 2, 2009 1:57:34 AM
Subject: [Hornlist] RE: Dent Bags

James M wrote

I once read about a science teacher assigning a problem to his class.
The  problem was to design a case or package to have a hen egg
dropped from third story window to the side walk below without
damage to the egg. Two students solved the problem.
Perhaps instead off getting an engineer to do the job, give the job to
high school students to protect  the horn.
Just a thought.

***********
I used to sponsor Physics Olympics at San Jose State.   Students
from local high schools would compete in various events.   One
involved encasing a raw egg so that it would be undamaged after
falling 15 meters.   Parachutes were not allowed.   Generally,
about half the entries were successful, so we awarded prizes
to the smallest, lightest containers.   One year a successful entrant
dropped their egg inside a jar of peanut butter.   I think that
would be the ideal way to protect a horn.

Gotta go,
Cabbage

Great Deals on Dell Laptops. Starting at $499.
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1217883258x1201191827/aol?redir=http://www.dell.com/co
ntent/products/features.aspx/laptops_great_deals&amp;
#63;c=us%26cs=19%26l=en%26s=dhs%26&amp;#126;ck=anavml)