Dear list members,

I would like to share an experience with you. Have just received a gold
plated mouthpiece back from a customer. It took him about five weeks to
decide to send this back, but not cleaned, full of grind of his saliva, the
rim dented twice, scratches inside the cup & outside below the rim & on the
shaft. I did not ask for prepayment, - as usual. My mistake, off course, but
I never had such an experience over many years. This speaks for the
seriosity of the horn player community. What to do with such damaged
mouthpiece ? I can use it as a trial only.

After this experience, blaming the customership, I have to ask for
prepayment for future orders of mouthpieces, sorry, following the china ware
shop policy: "Do not touch. Damage means bought."