Please forward this to anyone you think might be interested.

Last night a friend told me of a church on the Eastern Shore of Md. that will give away its 1959 Allen electronic organ to anyone willing to give it a good home. They are replacing it with a new Allen digital organ. He says it "is in very good cosmetic condition, fairly good operating condition, and is free to anyone who will give it a good home. I don't have the model number handy but it's probably their standard electronic console of the time -- two manual, pedalboard, and probably the usual complement of stops. Built-in amp and speakers, plus gyro for tremolo and vibrato effect (problem area - gyro is worn and mechanically noisy)." He has done some electronic work on it recently to keep in it playable condition.

I'm guessing the church is in Easton, since his parents live there. He may be willing to help with transport back to the D.C. metro area for a reasonable fee. Or not. You'd have to ask. This guy's a straight shooter who would not *knowingly* misrepresent anything, but he is neither an organist nor a musician.

Ask anyone interested to contact me, and I'll put you in touch with him.

I discussed this with a colleague who is an organist. She said Allens have AGO standard keyboards and pedalboards and thus it would be a good instrument for a student to practice on at home or for a small church. She definitely thinks it's worth saving, and that the tremolo and vibrato problems aren't important for performing classical music.

Thanks. Neither of us wants to see this in a landfill.

Howard Sanner
hornl...@terrier.ampexguy.com