From: horn-bounces+william.s.gross=gmail....@music.memphis.edu
[mailto:horn-bounces+william.s.gross=gmail....@music.memphis.edu] On Behalf
Of Leslie
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2009 4:16 PM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: [Hornlist] RE: Horn Digest, Vol 74, Issue 27

Re: NEA and Economic stimulus

Scott wrote: "I do not know anything about marsh mice or Acorn..." in
response to a comment by a nationally syndicated columnist who wrote:
"Will someone please tell me how millions of dollars to protect the habitat=
of a marsh mouse in San Francisco or millions for the National Endowment for
the Arts=2C or billions for the ACORN neighborhood organizing groups
is going to stimulate the economy?"

Sorry to go off topic, but I DO know about ACORN and they are NOT getting
billions out of the stimulus bill. ACORN community organizers get paid EVEN
LESS than musicians do for many more hours of work. It is annoying for me to
see lies from right wing media make their insidious way onto the horn
list...

Whew. I feel better now. (Would you be surprised to know I just got back
from a rehearsal for Man of LaMancha????)

Leslie