Cousins, anyone interested in jazz or photography will want to read an article
in Sunday's New York Times about the musical collaboration between (jazz great)
Thelonius Monk and (Juilliard composition instructor) Hall Overton that took
place in (photographer to the gods) Eugene Smith's NYC loft in the late '50s
and early '60s.

Anyone interested in the jazz horn will also want to read the article, which
largely concerns preparations for Monk's Town Hall concert in '59, in which the
horn  played a prominent role.

<http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/22/arts/music/22chin.html>

<http://tinyurl.com/bug9h9>

In both the print and web editions, one of Smith's photos accompanies the
article.  In it we see Monk at the piano, with a biggish band in the
background.  Who's the horn player?  (I'm guessing Robert Northern, who played
the Town Hall gig.)

--John