All we like sheep???

Maybe you mean: Sheep May Safely Grease

I tried Bag Balm only once. In a few days, my horn stunkith mightily and I had to clean it out else I swoon.

David Goldberg

Steven Mumford wrote:
I dunno, I've been using anhydrous lanolin since 1975. My horn doesn't stink, no green stuff growing. It lasts a long time on the slides. My valves are fast. I don't put any oil down the slide tubes. If you do, don't put more than a single drop in each valve. More than that will travel all over and melt your slide grease.
    Loose slides?  For some reason, a lot of repair shops think tuning slide
tubes should be shiny.  A lot of shops will sand the slides so they look all
pretty.  Insanity!  Or they'll buff them and then not even clean the buffing
compound off so it gets into the valves.  They do this kind of thing to valves
too.  I've seen rotors sanded, filed, buffed, soaked in acid for three days,
sigh.
    Best plan is to keep your horn clean and never take it to any idiot
repairmen.

- Steve Mumford