Durk has created a 103 clone which, IMO, is a truly great instrument. Had I not had my own personal biases against a 103 type instrument, this would have been a strong contender when I was shopping last fall.

As I understand it, Durk is an Alex alumni who decided to take matters into his own hands. I've had the pleasure of playing a couple dozen 103s. The good ones are something to behold. The bad ones are ones that I wish someone else would behold - far away from me.

Reicher, Tom wrote:
... There have been copies of the 103
from time to time from other makers (Boosey & Hawkes, Paxman, and some
German makers).