In a message dated 4/2/2009 2:41:27 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
scott...@msn.com writes:

Has  anyone had a problem with the valves on a horn that is less than 10
years  old?

Hi Scott,

I have an older Finke triple.  Johannas replaced the
old rotors with the new and I've had no problems
since.

I don't know why his horns are not more
popular in the US.  The workmanship on Finke
horns is, IMHO, the best.  The horns I've played have
been responsive, accurate throughout four registers
and with a smooth complex sound.  I played a Finke
Americus at one of the workshops that was, IMHO,
one of the best horns there.  Also, his horns are priced
lower than many horns in the same class.  I'm sure
many of his horns will be at the IHS Symposium this
summer in Macomb.

BTW, the Finke triple is on Hornplayer.net.

Regards,    Jerry in Kansas City
recession.