In a message dated 4/4/2009 5:50:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
william.s.gr...@gmail.com writes:

<When I took up the horn again I purchased a Korg digital tuning meter. It's
no longer working.

I would appreciate recommendations on  a replacement with attention to
response time.>

Gosh, I'm sorry that my response time is so slow, but I get my hornlist posts in digest format, and I've been busy doing other stuff, so I just didn't read my email in a very prompt manner and all.

I'll agree with Carlberg, my CA-30 works well and it's cheap. However, most days I'd rather use a tuner that I can hear than use one that can hear me. My old AT-12 has a tone generator that is loud enough to hear while I'm playing, and I find that playing against a drone does more to improve intonation than following an equal- tempered needle or LCD with my eyes.

Just my 2 cents. It may be plus or minus a little, depending upon if I've been calibrated today.

Vin Duval