The eb slide for a Holton 177 could be manufactured by a competent
repairman.  It is unnecessary anyway.  If you can't transpose the most basic
of keys then you can't play opera at all.  An E crook might be a better idea
if you needed such a crutch-don't forget that you'd have to change the B
slide as well.

In regards the single, you'd be better off finding a vintage King 4 valve or
a Yamaha 322.  These are both good horns that with veryfew mods become great
horns.  They can be had four the 300-800 range on ebay depending on
condition and customization.  I have a King you could have for reasonable
but I won't be back home until October.  The biggest recommended mod
(provided the valves are tight) is an Engelbert Schmid bell ring and custom
flare.

The Jack Attack!