I read about practicing low to play high & vice versa in an article written by
a trumpet player about 3 years ago.  I tried to find the article, but couldn't.
 In the particular article I tried to find, the artist talked about how he
would practice in the opposite range of what  he was preparing to perform for
several days before the performance.

When I Googled "practice low" + "play high", I came up with some interesting
tidbits from brass players & even a flute player.

www.everything2.com/title/Tuba%20Playing%20Techniques
www.youngcomposers.com/forum/trumpet-vs-trombone-11786-3.html
www.trumpetplayeronline.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=3487

flute:  www.wikihow.com/Play-Low-Notes-on-the-Flute

Valerie Wells
"The Balanced Embouchure" for French Horn
wells123...@juno.com