I recently heard a fascinating piece for flute and computer on the new
recording by the Pittsburgh Music Ensemble entitled "Against the Emptiness"
Here is a description:

Lizamander was written for Elizabeth McNutt. It is the second in a series of
works for solo instruments and Max/MSP. The computer captures material played
by the solo instrument during the performance and uses that material (as well
as some pre-recorded sounds) to generate a syncopated rhythmic accompaniment.
The computer tracks the pitch of the flute throughout, and uses this
information to follow a preset list of cues, which trigger a variety of
real-time processing techniques, including time stretching, pitch shifting, and
contrapuntal harmonization.
Composer:Russell Pinkston

Is anyone aware of a similar type of piece for horn?  I have heard plenty of
pieces for horn and recorded electronic sounds (horn and tape for you old
guys). I contacted the composer and he says that he has not written such a
piece. This music seems to be more interactive which allows the performer to be
more expressive by not having to keep up with a pre-recorded sound track.

CORdially,
Luke Zyla, 2nd horn
West Virginia Symphony Orchestra