Can you post pictures of this underpart online somewhere?

-William

In a message dated 8/14/2009 7:02:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lsden...@netzero.net writes:

Hello  everyone,
After noticing a new trend in mouthpiece design, several weeks  ago I asked
Bob Osmun to employ his CNC apparatus to cut grooves into a  MegaMoosewood
RBS underpart.  The results were outstanding.  Since  then I asked Tom Greer
about employing the same technique with his own designs  and am finding a
similar result with the result, which he has named the  "Magnum Opus".  I
find the hyperbole tied to Megamoose underparts  concerning loud dynamics being
easily managed and the ability to slot better  without impacting the ease
of slurring along with stability being faciliated  are more closely embodied
in the Magnum Opus design.  Even better, the  Magnum Opus is somewhat
lighter than the Megamoose, and matches up well with  lighter horns (like my CF
Schmidts), so response is not affected so very much  and there is no sense of
"overkill" which I sometimes feel happens when I  couple my horns up with
the [too heavy] Megamoose series R series  mouthpieces.  According to Tom he
is now making this style of mouthpiece  in all his standard models and he is
getting great results with a Vienna style  cup on his Merker.  Of course,
we're still early in the game and I  haven't performed on it that much over
the summer (although I will be trialing  the MO with a Brahms Trio performance
next week), but it's such an easy  mouthpiece to play on and I'm wondering
what everyone else thinks; has anyone  tried the Magnum Opus yet?
P.S.  I'm not a Moosewood employee,  and don't stand to gain anything for
this posting, even though it would be  nice if Tom renames the RBS as the LSD
and plates it in psychedelic patterns  in honor of my initials and the 40th
anniversay Woodstock anniversary on  8/15.
P.P.S.  For the New York tri state area audience, WLIW  filmed a segment
based on my experiences as a seven year old around the  original Woodstock
festival which will appear on 8/15 at 8:00pm, my segment  should come up in the
10 oclock hour.  It premiered last Wednesday and  everyone agrees I've
spoken to agrees is quite funny.
Best regards  to all, Louis Salvatore  Denaro