Wiki can be a great place to do quick content development though. Allowing contributors across schedules and time zones.
Om sent this while in motion On Jul 17, 2011, at 2:27, [email protected] wrote: > Send HOT mailing list submissions to > [email protected] > > To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit > http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot > or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to > [email protected] > > You can reach the person managing the list at > [email protected] > > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific > than "Re: Contents of HOT digest..." > > > Today's Topics: > > 1. Re: HOT Digest, Vol 17, Issue 9 (Dato Gogishvili) > 2. Re: Any Writing Volunteers? (Ralph Straumann) > 3. Short introduction (Martin Holmgren) > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > > Message: 1 > Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 18:43:16 +0400 > From: Dato Gogishvili <[email protected]> > To: [email protected] > Subject: Re: [HOT] HOT Digest, Vol 17, Issue 9 > Message-ID: > <CAENo+FJn1a1FGKZAxU4UT=y=ixn3etq0_racde9+greynys...@mail.gmail.com> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" > > If there is any way I could help with content I am absolutely free tomorrow > and also could spend some hours on it from thursday. > > dato > > > On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 3:00 PM, <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Send HOT mailing list submissions to >> [email protected] >> >> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit >> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot >> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to >> [email protected] >> >> You can reach the person managing the list at >> [email protected] >> >> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific >> than "Re: Contents of HOT digest..." >> >> >> Today's Topics: >> >> 1. Re: Any Writing Volunteers? (Matthias Meisser) >> 2. Re: Any Writing Volunteers? (Kate Chapman) >> 3. Re: Any Writing Volunteers? (Kate Chapman) >> 4. Re: Any Writing Volunteers? (Tim McNamara) >> 5. Re: Any Writing Volunteers? (Matthias Meisser) >> >> >> ---------------------------------------------------------------------- >> >> Message: 1 >> Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 15:38:46 +0200 >> From: Matthias Meisser <[email protected]> >> To: Kate Chapman <[email protected]> >> Cc: hot <[email protected]> >> Subject: Re: [HOT] Any Writing Volunteers? >> Message-ID: <1310737126.3034.1.camel@aterferum> >> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" >> >> Am Freitag, den 15.07.2011, 10:42 +0800 schrieb Kate Chapman: >>> Hi All, >>> >>> Is anyone interested in writing content for the HOT website? Meaning >>> we just have a blog right now but intend to put together a website. >>> >>> The idea would be to look through the blog posts and wiki information >>> to write a concise story/description of the various activations and >>> projects HOT has been involved in. >>> >>> It is something I intend to work on as well, but didn't know if others >>> would be interested. I realize sometimes it can be hard to figure out >>> how to help, so I'm just posting ideas as I come across them or they >>> occur to me. >> >> Hi Kate, is there a special reason the HOT uses a own page instead of >> the wiki? I guess there might be more volunteeres that are able to >> update content? >> >> bye >> Matthias >> >> >> >> >> ------------------------------ >> >> Message: 2 >> Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 12:36:25 +0800 >> From: Kate Chapman <[email protected]> >> To: Matthias Meisser <[email protected]> >> Cc: hot <[email protected]> >> Subject: Re: [HOT] Any Writing Volunteers? >> Message-ID: >> <CAGn7mOp1m=ny6ROSRwVzPtcJdqL0TNXwE+VJdV6buYq38x=p...@mail.gmail.com >>> >> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 >> >> Hi Matthias, >> >> Since HOT works with large UN agencies and NGOs we need to look a bit >> more official than a Wikipage. Also there are going to be times when >> HOT will seek funding for specific projects to better support open >> data in the disaster response context. It is difficult to do all that >> off a wikipage. It is a very similar reason as to why we incorporated >> as a separate non-profit as well. We intend to keep dynamic content >> in the wiki, but basic information about where we are working, how to >> get involved and that sort of thing needs to be in a regular website. >> >> So this is more outward facing for those outside of OpenStreetMap than >> inward facing for coordination within our already existing community. >> >> -Kate >> >> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Matthias Meisser <[email protected]> wrote: >>> Am Freitag, den 15.07.2011, 10:42 +0800 schrieb Kate Chapman: >>>> Hi All, >>>> >>>> Is anyone interested in writing content for the HOT website? ?Meaning >>>> we just have a blog right now but intend to put together a website. >>>> >>>> The idea would be to look through the blog posts and wiki information >>>> to write a concise story/description of the various activations and >>>> projects HOT has been involved in. >>>> >>>> It is something I intend to work on as well, but didn't know if others >>>> would be interested. I realize sometimes it can be hard to figure out >>>> how to help, so I'm just posting ideas as I come across them or they >>>> occur to me. >>> >>> Hi Kate, is there a special reason the HOT uses a own page instead of >>> the wiki? I guess there might be more volunteeres that are able to >>> update content? >>> >>> bye >>> Matthias >>> >>> >> >> >> >> ------------------------------ >> >> Message: 3 >> Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 12:37:32 +0800 >> From: Kate Chapman <[email protected]> >> To: Guillaume Allegre <[email protected]> >> Cc: [email protected] >> Subject: Re: [HOT] Any Writing Volunteers? >> Message-ID: >> <CAGn7mOp0JgfQtaSvqtSNOcHCuy=uan7sarmpgkun+jer5je...@mail.gmail.com >>> >> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 >> >> Wonderful Guillaume! We will want to be multi-lingual. I think >> ideally we will come up with content that doesn't change very often so >> we don't always have to be translating back and forth. >> >> I appreciate the offer and will be taking it up:) >> >> -Kate >> >> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Guillaume Allegre >> <[email protected]> wrote: >>> Le ven. 15 juil. 2011 ? 10:42 +0800, Kate Chapman a ecrit : >>>> Hi All, >>>> >>>> Is anyone interested in writing content for the HOT website? ?Meaning >>>> we just have a blog right now but intend to put together a website. >>> >>> Not for original content, but if you plan to maintain a multilingual >>> site, I'm OK for english->french translations. >>> (Or the opposite way, despite I doubt there is much need). >>> >>> >>> -- >>> ?? /\ ? ?Guillaume All?gre ? ? ? ? ? ?Membre de l'April >>> ?/~~\/\ ? [email protected] ?Promouvoir et d?fendre le logiciel >> libre >>> ?/ ? /~~\ ? ?t?l. 04.76.63.26.99 ? ? ?http://www.april.org >>> >>> _______________________________________________ >>> HOT mailing list >>> [email protected] >>> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot >>> >> >> >> >> ------------------------------ >> >> Message: 4 >> Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 16:45:50 +1200 >> From: Tim McNamara <[email protected]> >> To: Kate Chapman <[email protected]> >> Cc: [email protected] >> Subject: Re: [HOT] Any Writing Volunteers? >> Message-ID: >> <ca+yljlv_jkjrltommkcmcxfrxfzj0sjq_x6q1nswvgdywkl...@mail.gmail.com >>> >> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" >> >> I should be able to help. Am certainly very willing. But I am very busy for >> the next few weeks. >> On 16/07/2011 4:38 PM, "Kate Chapman" <[email protected]> wrote: >>> Wonderful Guillaume! We will want to be multi-lingual. I think >>> ideally we will come up with content that doesn't change very often so >>> we don't always have to be translating back and forth. >>> >>> I appreciate the offer and will be taking it up:) >>> >>> -Kate >>> >>> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Guillaume Allegre >>> <[email protected]> wrote: >>>> Le ven. 15 juil. 2011 ? 10:42 +0800, Kate Chapman a ecrit : >>>>> Hi All, >>>>> >>>>> Is anyone interested in writing content for the HOT website? Meaning >>>>> we just have a blog right now but intend to put together a website. >>>> >>>> Not for original content, but if you plan to maintain a multilingual >>>> site, I'm OK for english->french translations. >>>> (Or the opposite way, despite I doubt there is much need). >>>> >>>> >>>> -- >>>> ? /\ Guillaume All?gre Membre de l'April >>>> /~~\/\ [email protected] Promouvoir et d?fendre le logiciel >> libre >>>> / /~~\ t?l. 04.76.63.26.99 http://www.april.org >>>> >>>> _______________________________________________ >>>> HOT mailing list >>>> [email protected] >>>> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot >>>> >>> >>> _______________________________________________ >>> HOT mailing list >>> [email protected] >>> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot >> -------------- next part -------------- >> An HTML attachment was scrubbed... >> URL: < >> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/hot/attachments/20110716/efc9b39e/attachment-0001.html >>> >> >> ------------------------------ >> >> Message: 5 >> Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 09:31:52 +0200 >> From: Matthias Meisser <[email protected]> >> To: Kate Chapman <[email protected]> >> Cc: hot <[email protected]> >> Subject: Re: [HOT] Any Writing Volunteers? >> Message-ID: <1310801512.2040.1.camel@aterferum> >> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" >> >> Am Samstag, den 16.07.2011, 12:36 +0800 schrieb Kate Chapman: >> Hi Matthias, >>> >>> Since HOT works with large UN agencies and NGOs we need to look a bit >>> more official than a Wikipage. Also there are going to be times when >>> HOT will seek funding for specific projects to better support open >>> data in the disaster response context. It is difficult to do all that >>> off a wikipage. It is a very similar reason as to why we incorporated >>> as a separate non-profit as well. We intend to keep dynamic content >>> in the wiki, but basic information about where we are working, how to >>> get involved and that sort of thing needs to be in a regular website. >>> >>> So this is more outward facing for those outside of OpenStreetMap than >>> inward facing for coordination within our already existing community. >>> >> Yes I see, I just wanted to show up the point that a wiki might reduce >> the problem. If I would have time I would help, but unfortunatly I'm >> currently under preasure :( >> >> bye >> Matthias >> >> >> >> >> ------------------------------ >> >> _______________________________________________ >> HOT mailing list >> [email protected] >> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot >> >> >> End of HOT Digest, Vol 17, Issue 9 >> ********************************** >> > > > > -- > *David Gogishvili* > *Project Manager & GIS Analyst* > *5 Shevchenko St., Suite 2, Tbilisi, Georgia > Office + 995 32 14 29 26 > Cell + 995 93 78 05 68 > + 995 99 42 87 38 > http://www.omc.ge/* > -------------- next part -------------- > An HTML attachment was scrubbed... > URL: > <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/hot/attachments/20110716/aa33910b/attachment-0001.html> > > ------------------------------ > > Message: 2 > Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 19:36:23 +0200 > From: Ralph Straumann <[email protected]> > To: [email protected] > Subject: Re: [HOT] Any Writing Volunteers? > Message-ID: > <cajkme6qevix2yxpfouyadmu8astloheakf1spxw_qse_rch...@mail.gmail.com> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 > > Hi Kate > > Like Guillaume, I doubt I could provide original content. I have > recently subscribed to HOT mailing list and still finding my ways > around and finding out what you are doing. However, I could do English > to German translations if that is of any help. > > Cheers > > -Ralph > > > > ------------------------------ > > Message: 3 > Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 08:27:18 +0200 > From: Martin Holmgren <[email protected]> > To: [email protected] > Subject: [HOT] Short introduction > Message-ID: <[email protected]> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" > > Hi! > > I'm new to the list, just registered today, after getting inspired by > Schuyler Erle's talk at State of the Map EU on Friday. I got very interested > in the capacity building activities on-site (I'll read up some more on it in > the blog), but in the short run I should be able to help out with some crisis > mapping and translation of material into Swedish. > > I've been mapping about two years now, and also work professionally as > consultant in the fields of governmental road data and public transport in > Sweden. > > If you want to know more about me, check the wiki: > http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:D95marty > > Take care, > Martin > -------------- next part -------------- > An HTML attachment was scrubbed... > URL: > <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/hot/attachments/20110717/5f4177ed/attachment.html> > > ------------------------------ > > _______________________________________________ > HOT mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot > > > End of HOT Digest, Vol 17, Issue 10 > *********************************** _______________________________________________ HOT mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
