On 03/09/2013 06:44 PM, Jaakko Helleranta.com wrote:
I've personally found it smoother to add OSMBugs and tweak the edits via
JOSM as that both fits my normal work flow much better and (more
importantly) is much faster when on the go -- and produces clearly
better outcome at the end.
This _does_ require to go back to editing after field work, which
_might_ be difficult for those that are not active OSM contributors already.
I also see well that marking "survey data" with the OSMBugs system would
get a bit problematic if one who gathers the data / enters the "bugs"
wouldn't take responsibility to also "fix" them (=edit into the db).
I alos use OSM Bugs feature in Osmand to create bugs and fix them manualy in JOSM. Got used to it that way.

Ps. .. Would it be difficult to get more often recurring updates for
areas that HOT is active in? I'm thinking _ideally_ daily updates. ..
weekly would be good, too. .. But maybe such frequencies make more sense
to create locally? Thoughts?

I think it's on weekly basis or once in two weeks for the whole planet.
If you wish you could create more frequent maps, but you have to have that area extract to be able to process it.
There is a manual way to do it with osmandmapcreator.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OsmAndMapCreator

Hrvoje