Andrew,

Actually I agree, but I discussed this before with some other OSM/HOT
people (It's been so long I don't remember when or who) and it was said
that using inaccurate data might be worse than nothing.

For the CAR specifically I think using the data might be better than not
using it. There is nothing there, no data at all, for most of the country.
There won't be a mapping community there in the near future... etc.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Best regards,

Ben Abelshausen
ben.abelshau...@gmail.com