Hey everyone, +1 for working on Transifex as I also already get used to it while I'm working on InaSAFE documentation ;) By using Transifex, I'm sure more people will contribute to translate as it's very easy to use... The more, the merrier ;)
But, we should keep the number of reviewers limited. Cheers -Emir On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 12:48 AM, Jaakko Helleranta.com < [email protected]> wrote: > This is good. > As for it not being open source, neither is Github - and we do use > Google's services quite a lot too.. (Hopefully less over time but that's > another topic.) > More importantly I've found it to be very nice, easy to learn and use. I > haven't used many translation tools but I've tried a few and have found > Transifex to have been the nicest from my (translator) point of view. > Have you talked with Yohan (ybon) about this? He uses Transifex for umap > translations. > > Cheers, > -Jaakko > > -- > [email protected] * Skype: jhelleranta * Mobile: +505-8845-3391 > (Nicaragua) > * Voice(mail) / SMS / What's app: +1-202-730-9778 * > http://about.me/jaakkoh > > > On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Severin Menard > <[email protected]>wrote: > >> Hi Drazen, >> >> Big thanks for this: I did the translation inti French in the past and I >> wish at that time I could use Transifex that I already knew from the >> Inasafe documentation. >> If one day you do the same for LearnOSM, you will be my hero. >> >> Sincerely >> >> Severin >> Le 1 mai 2014 16:37, "Dražen Odobašić" <[email protected]> a >> écrit : >> >> Hi all, >>> >>> we are going to try to use Transifex localization service to maintain and >>> improve HOT project localization. Transifex is essentially a paid >>> service, >>> however it's free for open-source projects. There is also an open-source >>> code >>> repository https://github.com/transifex/ >>> >>> Transifex service has an command line utility which enables, almost >>> unattended, >>> localizations integration. The drawback is that we should let the CLI >>> utility to >>> handle all translations, making Transifex the only source of >>> translations. I'm >>> not sure how are we going to handle translation file merging, and how >>> does >>> Transifex work when we remove some strings/terms from the initial source >>> files >>> (English). >>> >>> At the moment, I've only configured hot-export project and it's quite >>> easy to >>> add new languages. https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/hot-export/ >>> >>> I've also noticed that some of strings/terms are not really used, so we >>> probably >>> should do some spring cleaning. >>> >>> Dražen >>> >>> _______________________________________________ >>> HOT mailing list >>> [email protected] >>> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot >>> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> HOT mailing list >> [email protected] >> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot >> >> > > _______________________________________________ > HOT mailing list > [email protected] > https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot > >
_______________________________________________ HOT mailing list [email protected] https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
