Tech WG IRC meeting X+12: Summary

pierregiraud:
  * invited test of the admin and user interface for the upcoming tasking
manager V2
  * testers reported some small issues which need to be fixed before the switch
(no major blockers)
  * privileges in V2 are not yet implemented, we intend to have two different
admin roles - super admins and project managers
  * hopes we’ll be able to release V2 in the next couple weeks
  * nominated as PM for https://github.com/hotosm/osm-tasking-manager2

dodobas:
  * we should start working on 'deprecation policy for TMv1 and make the
transition as painless as possible
  * mentioned TWG Terms of reference document
https://hackpad.com/HOT-TWG-Terms-of-reference-wgU5W12VGtG, specifically Project
manager role
  * explained what should an initial project report look like
    * categorize issues: bugs, feature requests, not relevant, not sure
    * create a issue priority list (if needed)
  * compiled reports would be used as a tool to help onboarding any new
developers
  * there will be only one PM per project to limit communication fragmentation
  * applied as PM for https://github.com/hotosm/hot-exports
  * we have a backup instance of OpenAtruim1 system...
http://oldopenatrium.dev.hotosm.org/ (only relevant to the board members)
  * deployed a testing instance of the HIRC service - HOT imagery request
coordination service ... http://hirc.dev.hotosm.org/
  * reports that when organizing intense one-day project development hackaton
the most important part is to organize and prepare as much as you can before the
actual hackaton :)
  * presented another project called Hakken https://github.com/candela-it/hakken
- similar to Kuona (https://github.com/hotosm/kuona)
    * we should have a working demo for the next TWG meeting
  * raised issue that 'hotosm.org' and 'www.hotosm.org' are currently
redirecting to the old hosting service, and they should it's a simple DNS issue
  * raised issue - we don't have a SSL implementation for hotosm.org, so
passwords are transmitted in clear text
    * we could generate a self-signed certificate which would do the job, but
every browser will show a warning dialog
    * we should buy a proper wildcard certificate for hotosm.org domain

mkl:
  * the board commends the Tech Working Group as being the only one that even
drafting their ToR by last meeting
  * mentions to prepare a budget request for the board, regarding SSL issue

skorasaurus:
  * applied as PM for https://github.com/hotosm/HDM-CartoCSS

clara:
  * nominated as PM for https://github.com/hotosm/hotosm-website
  * changed the language settings on hot.osm.org so that it's now much easier to
add content in other languages (includes the option to translate projects and
link each translation to the wikipage in that language, as well as translating
the interface)

ptressel:
  * asked how are we going to handle non-HOT projects that have a bearing on HOT
activity, like ID or JOSM?
    * after a short discussion, there was no definite conclusion, but it's
probably best to not designate an official person and handle it per-issue basis
  * created TMv1->TMv2 migration document open for discussion
https://hackpad.com/Tasking-Manager-V2-migration-plan-Ebmag0tuGkP