Hello,

My name is Enock Seth Nyamador from Aflao, Ghana and I've been on the list
for few weeks now. I call myself an Open Source addict :-)  making me
always involved in open projects.

One of the things I do on the internet is contribute to Wikipedia. (Part of
Wikipedians in Ghana)

I got introduced to OSM when a Peace Corps volunteer in Ghana told me about
Peace Corps Mapdown [1]. I opened up my browser and started mapping my
community.

I've seen there are OSMers in Ghana but we don't have any community which
we can use to interact. After looking at other countries including Togo
(Aflao is the major boarder town to and fro Ghana / Togo) with osm
community I decided to start OSMGhana [2]. Which will lead to bringing
community together, undertaking mapping projects, organising mapping events
and raising more awareness and a lot more.

Steps I've taken is to send message via osm to mappers who have mapped
places natives / people within country can map. I've received feedback from
some and they're in support.

I'll be glad with any suggestions and advise from you all.

1. http://pcmapdown.herokuapp.com/
2. http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Ghana

Regards,

Enock