Tech WG IRC meeting X+14: Summary

pierregiraud:
  * OSM Tasking Manager 2 finally released
  * several minor and patch releases after that (current version 2.4.2)
https://github.com/hotosm/osm-tasking-manager2/releases
  * discussed how to fix/implement issues:
    * https://github.com/hotosm/osm-tasking-manager2/issues/184
      * we need a transparent way to check if user has changed his username
    * https://github.com/hotosm/osm-tasking-manager2/issues/260

dodobas:
  * for OSM TM2 we are using Transifex for localizations
https://www.transifex.com/organization/hotosm/dashboard/osm-tasking-manager2
    * there are two resources: master (currently developed OSMTM), current
(currently deployed version)
    * Tranifex is nice but somewhat
  * discussed how to improve l10n strings,
https://github.com/hotosm/osm-tasking-manager2/issues/238
    * add support for translating Javascript and support plural forms
    * a plural string example:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/osm-tasking-manager2/translate/#fr/master/29709321
    * we should create a policy to accept new languages (or just stick with
add when 'usable')
  * there was a Datacenter outage on August, 3rd, which was quickly solved,
DC19 lost voltage, everything crashed.... UPS did not kick in...
    * will prepare a backup system, so we will be able to respond quickly to a
longer outage
    * at the moment HA Failover system is not required

clara:
  *  started with the bi-monthly report about what has been done and what the
priorities, and linked it from a new section on the wiki
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Working_groups/Technical#Reports
  * initial support for displaying profiles and work groups on the website ()

wonderchook:
  * OpenAerialMap updates:
    * OSM documentation is available at http://hotosm.github.io/OpenAerialMap/
    * Google group specific for OAM:
https://groups.google.com/a/hotosm.org/forum/#!forum/openaerialmap
    * WE NEED HELP!

ptressel:
  * we have a IRC log bot on the channel, logs are available at
http://logs.sahanafoundation.org/hotosm