Hi,

I think we are seeing that most people are looking for more feedback.

Pierre mentioned to me that he wants to increase engagement from the very first contact a new contributor has with HOT mapping.

I think that the main Tasking Manger page, the one that lists the projects is a prime opportunity for that.

That is probably the very first or second contact any new contributor would have with the HOT project, especially just "casual" people looking to see what it is all about.

I propose that under the text that explains what the Tasking Manger is, a second paragraph be added. Something like this:

Welcome to the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team project! We are very glad you are here. If you have any questions or want any feedback about your mapping please join our mailing list (send an email to hot@openstreetmap.org) and ask any questions or ask for feedback if you would like some. Or you can just pop into our chat channel and get questions answered right away or real time feedback http://irc.openstreetmap.org/ select #hot from the pop down menu. We are a friendly group of mappers and would really like to talk or answer questions!

Just something that lets them know how they can ask some questions about the important work they are doing. And I think it takes exactly no programming time at all.

Right now I do not think new HOT mappers get any sort of welcome message from our group at all. We put all the burden on them to figure out how to engage with us.

Blake